Annual Fund Manager
The Annual Fund Manager is responsible for implementing a multi-year strategic plan that will increase annual giving from individual donors with an emphasis on unrestricted, renewable gifts. The Annual Fund Manager is the resident subject matter expert on True Colors’ CRM solution. This position also assists the Managing and Development Directors with board and donor engagement activities. The position reports to the Development Director. Below is a partial list of duties, but additional duties may occur and some duties may be delegated or eliminated in the future. Some evening and weekend hours are involved.
Donor Acquisition, Retention and Stewardship
- Renewing previous year and lapsed donors
- Acquiring new donors
- Conducting prospect research to identify potential major and planned gift donors
- Developing project timelines and maintaining a calendar of donor engagement activities
- Planning and executing donor benefits and special annual giving events to increase awareness and promote donor engagement and cultivation
- Ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of donor records within the electronic donor management database
- Prepare monthly analysis reports based on measurable goals and metrics for internal purposes and Board of Directors
- Establishing and maintaining tracking and testing methods for all solicitation initiatives and adjusting strategies based on results of data analysis
- Recognizing all donors (annual fund, sponsors, matching gifts, and in-kind) through timely acknowledgement letters and/or other methods
- With the Managing Director, stewarding board relationships through pre- and post-board meeting correspondence and logistics
- Preparing board meeting materials, including assembling reports, and attend board meetings to take the meeting minutes
- Maintaining board activity reports and documents (e.g. pledge sheets, Conflict of Interest forms, etc.) in Patron Manager database
General Development Department Responsibilities
- Writing copy for solicitation materials and emails and assisting the Development Director with foundation, corporate, and government grants
- Supervisor of Development interns and volunteers
- Processing donations and tickets purchases over the phone and in person
- Reconciling development and finance records on a monthly basis
- Assumes other responsibilities as may be necessary for successful achievement of development and organizational goals
Key Working Relationships
- Managing Director
- Development Director
- Sales Director
- Peer Arts Development Colleagues
- Patron Manager/Salesforce
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum three years’ experience in non-profit development, including annual fund
- Certification as Patron Manager Administrator required (training will be provided)
- Demonstrated knowledge of successful annual fund practices and donor engagement strategies
- Experience with analyzing donor data and giving trends
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office Suite; experience with G-Suite a plus
- Experience with ticketing software (True Colors uses Pac7) a plus
- Experience working at an arts organization is a plus
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong strategic skills, organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to operate at the conceptual level as well as the implementation phase
- Creative and pleasant personality who enjoys working with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to work flexible schedule, including some evenings, weekends
- Ability to communicate independently with donors, subscribers, and supporters by telephone and in writing, developing positive relationships between True Colors and its various constituents.
- Working collaboratively with other departments and volunteer groups (including development interns and volunteers)
$40,000+ commensurate with skills and experience. True Colors offers medical coverage, a Simple IRA, and paid vacation.
About Kenny Leon’s True Colors Theatre Company
True Colors Theatre Company is a nonprofit regional theater company based in Atlanta, GA. True Colors Theatre Company’s mission is to celebrate the rich traditions of Black storytelling while giving voice to bold artists from all cultures. We add dimension and relevance to our work on the stage through active community events and 3rd – 12th grade education programming. The vision of Artistic Director Jamil Jude is for the company to “thrive at the intersection of artistic excellence and civic engagement.” True Colors is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email a resume and cover letter by April 2, 2021 to email@example.com with subject heading “Annual Fund Manager Application.” No phone calls, please.
For volunteer opportunities click here.
For internship opportunities click here.