August Wilson was an American playwright. His literary legacy is a series of ten plays, The American Century Cycle, for which he received two Pulitzer Prizes for Drama. Each is set in a different decade, depicting the comic and tragic aspects of the African-American experience in the 20th century.
Participating students receive the following:
- Free Workshops with Theatre Professionals
- Opportunity to perform on Broadway
- Win an all expense paid trip to New York
- Opportunity to Attend a Broadway Show
- Win cash Scholarships for college
The National August Wilson Monologue Competition program expands each year. If you would like information about bringing the National August Wilson Monologue Competition to your city, please contact Executive Producer Jenn Dwyer McEwen at email@example.com