This year’s competition is virtual and all self-taping will be submitted here. This is a free submission platform and the submission dates are from February 8-19, 2021. Feedback will be provided by February 22, 2021.
VIDEO SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
The deadline for video submission is February 19th at 11:59 PM. Please be sure to go to launchpad6 to submit (click button to the right).
- Click on “Enter” in the top right corner.
- Create your account.
- Once you have created your account click “Enter” again in the top right corner and follow the instructions for submitting.
Please remember that your monologue should be one-three minutes long. During this round, we are not evaluating for accuracy of text with a technical score. All evaluations will be based on your performance. During the semi-finals and final rounds, your cumulative score will be adjudicated based on performance and technical score. Attached are guidelines for self-tape. We also have this resource on our website. Feel free to peruse to get tips for your submission.
If you receive an error message when you attempt to login to the contest site or submit your entry, please ensure that you have verified your account. After registering for LaunchPad 6, an email will be sent to the email address you listed in your registration. Contained within that email is a link. When you click the link, this verifies your account. If you have additional problems logging in or submitting your video, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To enter the Contest, Contestants must do the following:
- Register an account and upload and submit your video entry. Video files created using most digital cameras, camcorders and mobile phones such as in the .AVI, .MOV, .WMV, and .MPG file formats, are accepted.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions and provide additional contact details, so we can contact you if you are selected for semi -finals. Your details will be used solely for the purpose of administering the competition.
- The A.W.M.C. requires that you choose a monologue from a play in the American Century Cycle written by August Wilson. You may change your monologue prior to the preliminaries, during workshops, etc. The monologue you use in your preliminary audition must be the monologue used during the entirety of the competition. No exceptions.
- Entries must be completed in accordance with the entry process set out above. No other method of entry will be accepted. Entries which do not meet these criteria may not be considered.
- Entries will not be complete until Contestants have uploaded their video entry and accepted these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to disqualify any entries submitted and/or finalized after the Contest has closed.
- The Contestant must keep a digital or hard copy of their video entry. If required, Contestants must supply the original recording of their video entry for use in connection with the Contest, including (but not limited to) for potential broadcast online or transmission by any electronic means.
- All video entries will be subject to moderation. We and/or their agents have absolute discretion to accept or reject any video entry and to remove any video entry already accepted without giving reasons for the decision. We may in particular refuse to upload any video entry.